- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1/2 a clove of garlic minced
- 6 inch slices of ginger (on the bias)
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- five-spice (五香料)
- soy sauce
- xiao shing rice wine
- cooking oil (I like peanut oil)
- Mix ground pork, garlic, sugar, sesame oil, five spice, soy sauce and rice wine together. Stop as soon as it is mixed well enough.
- Heat up a wok or deep skillet with the cooking oil and ginger.
- Once the ginger is frying well and has flavored the oil (you can just smell a little bit cooled down in a spoon), put in the pork.Keep breaking the pork up until it is all browned with no big chunks. Add more rice wine while it's cooking.
- Taste it. Add more of whatever is missing. Repeat until perfect.